Ammonia!! HELP

VariaK

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I do my water tests every week and today I found out that the ammonia ( NO3 and NO2) is extremely high. Before it was always 0 and I don’t know what I did wrong and how I can fix it... I just cleaned the filter (Fluval U3) and primer (sand) — I do this routine every week as well, as changing 20% of water, yet today I changed 50% and this did not held much... For preparing tap water for the tank I keep using Prime. Could someone advise me what to do and how rapidly I should come to the action? I have 2 axolotls (6-7 moths) and they don’t look sick, the eat normally and their behavior did not change much, maybe the only issue is that they started to be a little bit more active.
1BD9E23E-4560-4AED-9340-CCD558EE4E3B.jpeg

Those strips test nitrite and Nitrate

If you have nitrite showing your tank is not cycled and you need to tub them until you get your tank sorted.

Id recommend buying an accurate test kit these strips are known to be highly inaccurate. I recommend a liquid freshwater master test kit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back