Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

An Interesting Turn of Events

dot

Reaction score
Hmmm. Seems as though Murphy finally caught on that he's in a tank with three girls ...

1011.jpg

789.jpg

456.jpg

123.jpg

J

jennifer

Nice job getting a photo of a spermatophore, Dot - that's not easy. I wonder how long until the baby shower...

(Message edited by jennewt on March 01, 2005)

dot

Reaction score
"Nice job getting a photo of a spermatophore, Dot - that's not easy. I wonder how long until the baby shower..."

10 days.
happy.gif

32201.jpg

32202.jpg

buckylay.jpg

buckylay2.jpg

(Message edited by dot on March 10, 2005)

M

maria

Woo! Go Murphy and his mate (what's her name?)!! Congrats on the babies! Is she a melanoid? I couldn't tell very well from the pic. If you are looking for folks to adopt some of the wee ones, I'd be interested.
happy.gif

K

kim

Well done Dot,

I told you, that they were coming!!

How many did u get you think?

dot

Reaction score
Later tonight, I'm going to remove everything that has eggs on them and place them in a separate aerated bucket. Depending on whether or not I can give the eggs away, I may just let the adults eat them, or flush them, because I have no room to raise them. Check the U.S. Advertisements section.

L

lisa

Dot, do all your axies get on well? you dont have any problems with the girls fighting over Murphy?

dot

Reaction score
Haven't checked this forum in a while, but to answer your questions:

Yep, all the axies get along very well. The two bigger ones, (wildtypes - Bucky (the mother) and Satchel), used to pick on Murphy a bit, but otherwise, they don't really mind each other. The wildtype girls generally don't bother with him, but he spends a lot of time hanging out with Connor, my golden albino female.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1