Animal Informational Plaques - What do people think of the idea?

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
MantellaGuy
Hey everyone,

For years I have been making for myself these little Information Plaques for all my animal enclosures and to me it gives any Tank a nice touch, but people started asking me where I got them/How I made them etc. After a while started making them for people for free, until I stopped due to people kind of taking advantage of a free service... (Basically asking me to make up to 20 Animal species plaques, sometimes as many as 40 from scratch by a certain deadline)

Anyway, thinking about starting this up again but might charge a very small fee depending how I feel about it and if I stick to emailing or actually doing them on card and laminating them.

Either way I am in the middle of making them before I start showing them off but I just wanted to see what you guys think of the Idea? I will get some photos up of my own ones I have or old ones :)

Thank you guys,

TyloDude

Right, here are a few photos of old plaques I have made for myself. The information is a lot better and a lot more updated on most of them :)

They can all be personalised if you want something unique to anyone else's but they all contain the following information as a basic starter:

• Common Name
  • Latin Name
  • Origin
  • Habitat
  • Life Expectancy
  • Diet
  • Conservation
  • Map Highlighting its Origin
  • Toxic or any other H&S Sign (Just for show really)
  • Endangerment Chart
  • Breeding

here they are:
tylototritonguy-albums-animal-set-ups-picture24853-a.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-animal-set-ups-picture24852-a.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-animal-set-ups-picture24851-a.jpg

Thank you for looking, please let me know what you think as I might even end up giving these away if I'm honest! Within reason, don't expect 30 plaques that havent been done to be made in only a few days and get ratty when its taken a week :p

Think it's a good idea makes it like your private collection. My previous college done something similar but not as detailed.

My boyfriend has designed signs for some of his reptiles.
I like yor signs too, they look very professional

I might have to start doing this with mine.

They're a good idea. A major drug store here does all kinds of photo products, and I use their plastic photo plaques to make stone-like award plaques. Photo image of polished stone as a background for desk-top publishing, saved as high resolution jpg, printed to hard plastic.

For the items above, I would just make some minor corrections before distributing [mainly, have a second person "edit" to help catch errors].

Thank you all for the feed back!! :)

these are a few years old however the design is still the same maybe a few extra headings add :)

I might charge for however much it costs to produce them and then add on a tiny amount just for profit but shall work that all out soon :) But I don't like asking money for things I would just be happy giving them away or just the template haha!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back