Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Any chance of finding out this toad species(from corfu)

A

alex

hi
just thought in the back of my mind that ive got some pics of when i stayed in a villa right up in the mountains of corfu.
i looked through it at found a variety of animal species(i spent all my time taking pics of the wildlife).
one night a came upon a HUGE toad, and so i got some pics of it, and i was wondering if anyone know what species it was.
anyway, here are some pics....
79758.jpg
79759.jpg
79760.jpg

C

cameron

There are only three species of toads where you live and it looks like you have Bufo bufo.

A

alex

great, thanks for that
it was pretty huge, id say probably 20cm-30cm tall

R

roy

Sounds reasonable. They get a lot larger than in northern europe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1