Aquael UV lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just found out about a potentially good piece of equipment for the hobby. At this point I have to say I have no connection with any of the companies involved or even know if the machine works. Its a LED powered 3w uv light that is joined into the return pipe of an external canister filter and acts as a UV sterilizer. This in theory should drop the germ load in tanks without raising the temperature too much. (the conventional ones will with a small water circulation). So far its unavailable in the UK but available in the rest of Europe and Australia. The product is called Aquael 3W as-3 sterilizer and fish fish fish are looking into making it available their wholesaler ALF are also looking at it If any one has used this light or is interested in buying one they could contact fish fish fish they may be more inclined to supply if they have more than one enquirer. If you have used one I would love to hear if they work. Regards KB

Hi re the last post
Fish fish fish have now decided to get a special order in of several of these units priced at just under £40. They should come in in about 2 months so again if any one has used one please let us know. Its a fair bit of money if it don't work . But if successful it should solve some of the infection problems due to germ load in the more sensitive alpine species. regards KB

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back