Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Aquarium Chiller Help

axieboi

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I know there’s already lots of threads about this topic, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. My tank seems to be a bit too warm since I moved into a new apartment and I just need some advice selecting an appropriate chiller that’s going to get the job done. I have 2, one year old Axolotls in a 20g long and I plan to upgrade to a 40g breeder tank at some point. The water is around 72F at its warmest and usually hovers around 68-70F. I’ve found tons of chillers on amazon and other sites, but the ratings aren’t great and I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a product that isn’t going to perform well. So if anyone has been using a chiller and has one they could recommend, that would be much appreciated!!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's available where you are but the brand I have is Hailea. It works well for my 35ish gallon. It is noisy when cooling however so I turn it off at night (the tank is in my bedroom). It also heats up the room when I have the door closed, but I think that may be a normal thing for chillers. If the door is open it is fine, and I usually will run a fan in the room to disperse the warm air coming out of it.

axieboi

Reaction score
Realized I never replied, thanks so much for the input! I appreciate your help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!