Are these pellets suitable for Axolotl (as advertised)?

Animal_addict_88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Don't have my Lotl yet (currently researching running/ feeding costs, etc) so no implications either way.
Looking for food that's readily available where I am. I know I can get Earthworms and Bloodworms from my usual Livefood supplier, so wanted to check if ppl had used these brands of pellets before:

1. Arcadia Earth Pro AmphibiGold Complete Amphibian Food

Composition: Salmon Fish Meal (45%), Wheat (22.15%), Insect Meal (19.50%) (Krill, Bloodworm, Earthworm, Daphnia, Brine Shrimp, Snail) Soya (5%), Calcium (3.5%), Di-Calcium Phosphate (2%), Paprika (1.5%), Brewer's Yeast (1%), Spirulina (0.25%), Pro-Biotic (0.10%).
Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: None stated; Nutritional Additives: None stated.
Analytical Constituents: Protein 45%, Crude Fibres 2%, Crude Oils and Fats 7%, Crude Ash 11%, Moisture 8%.
Feeding Guide: AmphibiGold pellets can use used as the main food for aquatic amphibians including Clawed frogs and Axolotls. AmphibiGold can be fed towards the needs of each animal, making sure that you provide as much as can be eaten within 10 mins. Typically 3-5 pellets are offered per feed, all pellets fed should be consumed in one day. AmphibiGold can either be used by putting pellets directly into the water or be sprinkled on land.

2.Lucky Reptile Axotyl/Newt Food
Axonew is a pelleted food suitable for axolotl and other aquatic newts and frogs. Some pellets will sink immediately, while others will float initially before finally sinking. the extended sinking over a period of time will stimulate the hunting instincts of the axolotl, and allows food to be availalbe for eating over a longer period of time. Weight 70g

Thanks for your input! :)

Hi! i haven't heard of those being fed to axies. I can recommend the Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets. I feed these to my axies as an occasional treat. No matter what type of pellets you end up feeding, they shouldnt be their main food source. Earthworms and bloodworms are best for a daily basis.

Hi all.
Don't have my Lotl yet (currently researching running/ feeding costs, etc) so no implications either way.
Looking for food that's readily available where I am. I know I can get Earthworms and Bloodworms from my usual Livefood supplier, so wanted to check if ppl had used these brands of pellets before:

1. Arcadia Earth Pro AmphibiGold Complete Amphibian Food
Composition: Salmon Fish Meal (45%), Wheat (22.15%), Insect Meal (19.50%) (Krill, Bloodworm, Earthworm, Daphnia, Brine Shrimp, Snail) Soya (5%), Calcium (3.5%), Di-Calcium Phosphate (2%), Paprika (1.5%), Brewer's Yeast (1%), Spirulina (0.25%), Pro-Biotic (0.10%).
Technological Additives: None stated; Sensory Additives: None stated; Nutritional Additives: None stated.
Analytical Constituents: Protein 45%, Crude Fibres 2%, Crude Oils and Fats 7%, Crude Ash 11%, Moisture 8%.
Feeding Guide: AmphibiGold pellets can use used as the main food for aquatic amphibians including Clawed frogs and Axolotls. AmphibiGold can be fed towards the needs of each animal, making sure that you provide as much as can be eaten within 10 mins. Typically 3-5 pellets are offered per feed, all pellets fed should be consumed in one day. AmphibiGold can either be used by putting pellets directly into the water or be sprinkled on land.

2.Lucky Reptile Axotyl/Newt Food
Axonew is a pelleted food suitable for axolotl and other aquatic newts and frogs. Some pellets will sink immediately, while others will float initially before finally sinking. the extended sinking over a period of time will stimulate the hunting instincts of the axolotl, and allows food to be availalbe for eating over a longer period of time. Weight 70g

Thanks for your input! :)
Earthworms are by far the best food to feed them so if you can get those locally, then great. Bloodworms are basically like feeding them potato chips...very little nutritional value and should not be fed once they reach about 10 cm in length. As far as pellets go, any soft sinking carnivore pellet is fine. Most will have salmon meal as the main ingredient.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back