Awsome White worm food!

caudatadude28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
AJ
I have had whiteworms for about 2-4 months now probably and have been using wheat bread for food. Well a couple days ago I tried some Mazuri Tortoise Diet for my whiteworms. They are cubes about 1/2 inch long. The whiteworm population is growing better and faster. I think it is because in the wild they eat organic material and these pellets are made from soybeans, ground corn, alphalpha, and many plants which is a more natural food for whiteworms. I also think they will be more nutritious for my baby newts. I just moisten them first.
Here are some percents:
Crude protein, min...15%
Crude fan, min...3%
Crude fiber,max...18%
Calcium,min...0.95%
Calcium,max...1.45%
Phosphorus,min...0.6%

I now soak them in water with Zoo Med's Reptivite multi vitamin powder in it. My white worm cultures have multiplied six times thier size in a couple of days!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back