Axie Eggs Developing

C

claire

Here is a pic of my axie eggs at 6 days old.looking cute already.lol.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

6 Days Old.bmp (230.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

wildtype and leucistic i think.i thought at first they would all be wildtype but ive noticed half have a darker head and brownish gill and the other half are much lighter and have white gills.
happy.gif

yeah i know. some are much lighter now.ill get pics on saturday if i remember or ill get the pics off my phone and put them on.

around 400.well i counted 428 eggs altogether and this was including the ones that weren't fertilised. here are some pics of the tubs i first kept them all in.there are 4 tubs altogether.
31336.jpg
31337.jpg
31338.jpg
31339.jpg

thats all of them

jarred here are pics of the little ones hatched.they arent very good.
31340.jpg

this one could possibly be one of the darker ones.
31341.jpg

and i think this could possibly be a lighter one.but ill take pics of ones i know are lighter an darker then send more in
happy.gif

Oh my goodness!
happy.gif
What are you going to do with them all? I love your pic of gustav, by the way.

aww thank you.he does look great in it. im hopefully going to keep a one that i have separated from all the others in a tub by 'himself' then i will try and sell the rest of the ones that survive.

It's hard to tell from the photo but I can see a bit of a difference. I can clearly see though that they are really cute.
happy.gif

hehe thanks. going to take some half decent pics tonight of them tonight clearly showing the darker and the lighter ones!well i try my best to make the pics look half decent!not sure if ill get them that good!lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back