Axolotl Ate Worm Poop

KarmaThePlant

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys!

So I'll cut right to the chase (warning, kinda gross): I was feeding my Axolotl her usual nightcrawler, and everything was going as usual. She was slurping it up, when right as she got to the tail end of the worm, it started to poop. She didn't seem to care and ate the tail end anyways. Then for the next minute after she was sitting there spitting out it's poop.

Does anyone know if this will hurt her? She seems to be behaving alright, but I just want to make sure this wont harm her in any way.

Thanks,

Vincent

I cant say Im too experienced with worm poop in particular, but I do know axolotls do a really good job at spitting out things they don`t like. I`m pretty sure mine ate some poop when he was young and he is completely fine now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back