Axolotl Average Price?

pipirose

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm curious to know what the average price for an axolotl is. Here in Cali, I have to pay roughly $40 for a single axolotl (which I'm debating on doing).

The average price for an axolotl in Ca. is a confiscation and a small fine.

For an illegal state to own axolotl that is not a bad price to buy, and it will cost extra more once you get charge possession of an illegal species by the state law. Not to mention about what would they do with your animal after. It's very sad actually. I don't even know if they have any rescue people for axolotl that has been confiscated by cali state. I've heard some rescue group in Hawaii and possibly NJ but not yet Cali. I need to look that up.

Here in Minnesota they are about $50 for one. I got a good deal from a breeder because she was moving.

Depends on the place. I got my baby axie for $25 at Big Als, while another big als has juvies for $70+.

My wild type cost me $10, but he's not illegal XD

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

The price varies here in Alberta. In store I've seen babies go for $25+ and some adults are upwards of $60+ but I got both of my axies at local fish community auctions and I paid $5 for my baby and $10 for an adult from local breeders.

buy eggs on ebay:cheaper and a lot more fun

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back