Axolotl eye problems

Loopy Leo

Reaction score
Country
United States
my axolotl wooper has been having eye problems for a couple weeks I tried to solve it attached are pics of right now (no fluff eye damaged) when the infection was at its worst (fluff) and when normal. Idk where to go from here I've been worried sick and trying my best. Will his eye grow back will he be ok??? Any help appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• 20230823_140246.jpg
    20230823_140246.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
  • 20230807_151437.jpg
    20230807_151437.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230622_211832.jpg
    20230622_211832.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 53
what are your full water parameters, kh gh as well if possible.
how did you attempt to solve it?
looking at second picture possible fungal/mold infection on both eyes (left hand side being worse), house axolotl in water containing 100% holtfreters + 0.2g/l magnesium sulphate with daily methyline blue/acriflavine baths (both at half fish dose, both together), once symptoms have improved continue using holtfreters/magnesium sulphate at half strength for healing and preventative.
his eye will heal/grow back but it will take time.
ensure a balanced diet is fed (including food that contains vitamin A ie.. eyed food.. shrimp, krill, mysis, fish etc..)

what are your full water parameters, kh gh as well if possible.
how did you attempt to solve it?
looking at second picture possible fungal/mold infection on both eyes (left hand side being worse), house axolotl in water containing 100% holtfreters + 0.2g/l magnesium sulphate with daily methyline blue/acriflavine baths (both at half fish dose, both together), once symptoms have improved continue using holtfreters/magnesium sulphate at half strength for healing and preventative.
his eye will heal/grow back but it will take time.
ensure a balanced diet is fed (including food that contains vitamin A ie.. eyed food.. shrimp, krill, mysis, fish etc..)
0 ammonia 0 nitrate 7 ph 60 Fahrenheit I tried to solve it by tub and fridging. The fungal stuff seems to be gone I didn't realize right hand was even bad because he didn't have any fungus or stuff and his eye still had its normal colors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back