Axolotl morph ID help

Briannairb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello does anyone know what type of axolotl this may be. It’s parents are a wild type I homozygous for dark and a leucistic. It is much lighter in color than the wild types offspring. It also definitely has iridophores and the eye is actually black so it is not albino (hard to see in this photo. Other than that I am unsure and would appreciate help IDing. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4680B0A0-8A91-40B6-9372-0FBB1FCD2543.jpeg
    4680B0A0-8A91-40B6-9372-0FBB1FCD2543.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 997
Given the above info, I would have to say very light wildtype. Are you 100% sure that the wild type parent is D/D and not D/d? If it was D/d, I'd say that you probably have a very dirty leucistic. From the picture, I'd almost guess copper, but you said it's eyes are actually black, so I don't really know.

Given the above info, I would have to say very light wildtype. Are you 100% sure that the wild type parent is D/D and not D/d? If it was D/d, I'd say that you probably have a very dirty leucistic. From the picture, I'd almost guess copper, but you said it's eyes are actually black, so I don't really know.
Thanks for the info, I don't see a single leucistic offspring so I think the mother is D/D, but not 100% sure. I'm looking at copper babies online and I think that might be it. Hopefully I'll be able to tell better when it grows a little larger.

any recent pics of you axolotl?
Sorry I haven’t been too active lately but I’m pretty positive it’s a copper. Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• 4B47561A-9664-45D2-8D3F-0F39630E1CEE.jpeg
    4B47561A-9664-45D2-8D3F-0F39630E1CEE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back