Question: Axolotl snacks

Kc0olm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello

We feed our 7-month-old axie live red worms. She was raised on them. Some days she wants three whole worms. But I’d like to diversify her diet a little - or, should I!

Now, if I want to give her treats, what do you recommend?

On Amazon I found

1)

Zilla Reptile Food Munchies River Shrimp for Turtles, Salamanders, Axolotls, and Large Tropical Fish​

2)

Tetra BabyShrimp 0.35 Ounce, Natural Shrimp Treat For aquarium Fish​

3)

Invert Aquatics Soft Pellets for Axolotls - Moist Sinking Diet for Axolotl, Newts, Salamanders & Other Small Amphibians​

Those are just examples of what I found on Amazon. I prefer the live, fresh ones. I don’t see “meat pellets” as being too exciting for a poor creature in a tank. Can you comment on the above or give me suggestions? Thank you!

mine tend to have a varied diet of live or frozen food, live being worms, fish or shrimp, frozen being bloodworm, brineshrimp, mysis, krill, beefheart, chopped cockle/mussel/prawn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back