Axolotl Tank

Axie4Life

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, Im currently upgrading my axolotl to a 20g long, but i can only fill it halfway. Am I able to keep him with another axolotl or no? I have a sponge filter rated for 25g and i could stick in another 10 gal filter. Any ideas?

having two axolotls in a 20 gallon will make it difficult to control nitrate levels especially if it is only half filled.
it is possible but not advised as once they become adults it will become quite crowded and nipping is likely to occur.
you would have to make sure there are plenty of hides/caves so that they can have their own space.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back