Axolotls and company

I have purple apple snails (in their own tank not the axie tank) and they love grapes. I split the grape in half and drop one in every morning, by the time I come home from work the grape is just an empty shell. (they get lots of other foods too not just grapes).

http://www.applesnail.net/
is a great site for apple snail info.

The bristlenose that my aquarium sells are about an inch long.

are these too small to put into a tank with 4 adult axies???

cynthia,you said that you have purple apple snails, could you post a picture of these, i would love to see one and thanks for the great link to the snail site. i found heaps of great info.

cynthia,you said that you have purple apple snails, could you post a picture of these, i would love to see one and thanks for the great link to the snail site. i found heaps of great info.

Denise - I will take some pictures of them when I get home and post one for you to see. They are very pretty.

Purple apple snails.

The colors of mine vary from pink to dark purple.

31159.jpg

wow cynthia, they are fantastic, i love the colour (purple is my favourite colour) i am going to try some of our local pet shops to see if i can get some.they look great in your tank against the blue stones, your tank looks very effective. great job. thanks

Thanks denise. I hope the pet stores have a pretty one for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back