Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Baby lotls💜

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
D23FAC0E-FC33-4BAC-AE6B-09007A6961CE.jpeg

♥️Hey guys!! We are new to this site so please forgive me for not knowing where to post this☺️…. I need your opinions… (zoom in) does this baby have one eye or is one side albino or something? He/she is the only one like this☺️ Lol
We have around 140 (25 days old) baby lotls and they are all doing fabulous!♥️ 🙏 🤞
this is our first time with hatchlings😉☺️

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
View attachment 93534
♥️Hey guys!! We are new to this site so please forgive me for not knowing where to post this☺️…. I need your opinions… (zoom in) does this baby have one eye or is one side albino or something? He/she is the only one like this☺️ Lol
We have around 140 (25 days old) baby lotls and they are all doing fabulous!♥️ 🙏 🤞
Those are baby brine shrimp around him… this was taken at dinner time😉

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
It looks like he's got one eye. I hope he does well. That little fellow is really cute!
Awwww thank you so much!! I think the kids have talked us into keeping him🙈they sure know how to pull on my heart strings😉… they said no one else would love him like they can. ☺️♥️😉

sharelkaye

Reaction score
View attachment 93534
Would love to purchase some if you are selling!

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
Would love to purchase some if you are selling!
Hey there💕 yes we will be here real soon… we have our front legs now and growing beautifully 😉
How many were you interested in buying?
I’m sorry for the delayed reply lol it’s been busy busy with these babies.

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
E86907A8-F145-4A80-9FA4-3497413772C9.jpeg

Attachments

• BD741F44-A462-461D-AF5C-75D5AAB4B9BC.jpeg
    BD741F44-A462-461D-AF5C-75D5AAB4B9BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 8662E3BC-5091-4956-B4F5-0F445992EABB.jpeg
    8662E3BC-5091-4956-B4F5-0F445992EABB.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 57

looie_808

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous lotls. However if I may offer some unsolicited advice, MAC and Lucy are their phenotypes. Hets are referring to the recessive genes that are not visible in the parents but will be passed on to their babies. The babies could be Mels or Albinos even if the parents are both Lucys for example.

Zilla Havens

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous lotls. However if I may offer some unsolicited advice, MAC and Lucy are their phenotypes. Hets are referring to the recessive genes that are not visible in the parents but will be passed on to their babies. The babies could be Mels or Albinos even if the parents are both Lucys for example.
Ohhhhh okay 🙈 well thank you!! hahaha we are very new to this…. We’ve had them for a couple of years now but still learning😉☺️… thank you for letting me know💜 whoops 😬

looie_808

Reaction score
No worries! You're doing a great job for a beginner since they all look healthy. The one with a single eye is interesting because I can see an eye shape if you look closely but no developed pupil. Keep us posted for sure. Either a one eyed lotl or a mosaic possibly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1