Beginning my Betta Build!

JaceW/Lifer-Log

Reaction score
Country
United States
You may have seen my older post where I asked for name suggestions. Well I’ve decided on Hikari! In January I will be getting a koi/galaxy koi female betta named Hikari. To prepare I’ve started to gather materials for the build. It got a Fluval Spec 5gal and a Cobalt 20wt heater with a marina floating thermometer. I also bought a bottle of prime which I may or may not be using, haven’t decided if I’m using my tap or R/O treated with equalibrium. The next day I ran out to get the substrate, at PetSmart I got Seachem Flouride, biomax, and mesh baggies. I went to Pet Supplies Plus to by a soft net and some natural colored Repti-Sand. I’m hoping to get my water tested at my LFS and decide on tap or R/O soon so I can complete my build with some rocks, wood, and a buy five get one free deal on plants! Enjoy this photo of my hardware and substrate plus decorations.
(BONUS POINTS for who ever identify the figurine!)
In case anyone is wondering, the PetSmart had wonderful betta cups that we crystal clear and all bettas we peeked up with full fins. I didn’t take a good enough look at pet Supplies Plus.

Attachments

• CF65785B-D844-4F10-A383-AD8C15D057F7.jpeg
    CF65785B-D844-4F10-A383-AD8C15D057F7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
If you need any inspiration just check out serpa design’s YouTube channel he has like 2 or 3 videos on betta builds!

I think for his white betta Casper he uses the same exact tank!

UPDATE
I got the substrate in Fluval Stratum and ReptiBark-Sand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 153
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back