Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Big white lump on the gills

BethNJamie

Reaction score
Hey there im in major need of help.
One of my axies has seem to have grown a large white lump on his gill and it is growing by the day, he seems really happy and moves around loads im just very worried because one of my other axies died two days ago which was very sad, he had the same sort of white lumps but they where along his body but i researched and it seemed to be pigmentation but with the loss of him and now my other axie seems to have the same thing it has worried me very much
Please help....

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi BethNJamie,

Are you able to upload a photo of it, sounds like fungus in which case its fridging and salt baths

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
If its wispy and filamentous like stringy cotton, its likely to be fungus. If you see discrete lesions (bumps), its almost certain it has a bacterial infection. In those cases, the therapy of choice are antibiotics. Fridging and salt baths can be palliative but certainly can't completely treat them.

Cheers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!