Bolitoglossa from Honduras

Mykey93

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm a researcher that works on tropical salamanders, and particularly Bolitoglossa. These are a few photos of three species I have come across while doing field work. Oedipina sp, Bolitoglossa celaque, and B. nympha.

Mike

Attachments

• MWI_9534.jpg
    MWI_9534.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 709
  • MWI_9199.jpg
    MWI_9199.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 786
  • 2014-06-14 11.35.02-1.jpg
    2014-06-14 11.35.02-1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 579
Those are some awesome pics! what gear do you use? I use a 70-300mm telephoto but its a bit awkward for salamander photos because close focus is 1.5 metres....

Sent from my D2305 using Tapatalk

I use a 105 Macro lens, which seems to never come off my camera. I love taking full body photos or close ups of their head, so its perfect for what I want!

Which model lens is that? I use a nikon d90 and im looking at getting a new lens for photographing reptiles and amphibians (when i get some money together...)

Its the Nikon 105mm macro lens on a D7000. Definitely took awhile to save up for that one, but if you're into herp macro photography it is beyond worth it. Great for venomous snake photos, as well. Here's a link to my flickr; almost all of the photos were taken with that setup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36451740@N02/

Cheers, ill definitely look into it! Those photos are really good, ill see if i can upload a few photos later on (pretty much all of them are european species). Ive dropped you a pm

Nice photos! May I ask the subject of your research?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back