Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bombina orientalis juveniles

Pugnator

Reaction score
A little suggestion, remove uneaten cricket because if they are very hungry they can become very dangerous to the bombinae(even if the cricket are very very little). A bombina of my friend got one eyes "destroyed" by an hungry little cricket. Anyway the Terrarium should be mostly water with only a little portion of heart. Just a bowl isn't enough. If you give to them just a bowl of water they will live shorter, not reproduce and be less active and be much more stressed. Sorry for my bad english.

Pugnator

Reaction score
One moment, I've just reseen photos and the bowl seem deep to me. How many cm it is deep ?

Last edited:

natterjack

Reaction score
A little suggestion, remove uneaten cricket because if they are very hungry they can become very dangerous to the bombinae(even if the cricket are very very little). A bombina of my friend got one eyes "destroyed" by an hungry little cricket. Anyway the Terrarium should be mostly water with only a little portion of heart. Just a bowl isn't enough. If you give to them just a bowl of water they will live shorter, not reproduce and be less active and be much more stressed. Sorry for my bad english.
I would imagine it is a temporary home for holding the juveniles, making it easier to ensure they are eating well and growing on rather than it being a permanent home for adults to live and reproduce in

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Asholotl:
    looks like the water is fine till tomorrow. which is nice. im super tired of late. ive been doing large water changes for a week before getting their 'tubs' i just wish i had the old filter ;3;
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    you got a cooler :D Thats so cool! i normally chill their water down if it gets too warm with clean dechlorinated water when they were in their bigger tanks. i'll need to get one that can work with two tanks at some point. or find them for cheap and get two quiet ones. since im in an apartment.
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Yea most coolers are super expensive though the price range is around $100-$500
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    yeah D:
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    i need one before summer though so i should prob save up
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    or its waterchanges and/or air fans for me.
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Here its Hot like every day so we have to have the cooler :p
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    But we also have a fan
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    its just wet in oregon and cold most of the time.
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    So good axolotl weather :p
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    yeah, most of the time lol. its always cold in my room now cause of them.
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Yea my room is freezing because of the axolotls xd
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    The worst thing is my cat always jumps up next to the tank but good thing it has a lid 😁
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    same D: my cat is constantly knocking over my bottles and stuff for my axolotls.
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    One time he almost knocked over a whole bottle of tap water conditioner we just bought
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    haha. sounds like a cat
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    I know right what is it with cats constantly knocking every thing over??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    And boxes. you can even tape a square on the floor and ive seen them go in it xD
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Haha 😂
    +1
    Unlike
  • Asholotl:
    im going to head off now, its 12 am now so i got to rest. :D nice talking with ya!
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    hey everyone - sorry for the inactivity. things have been really rough in my world the past few days, but i’m safe now. i should be back to my normal active self here soon :)
    +2
    Unlike
  • axolotlnewtlover:
    the nitrites in my tank are so high omg
    +1
    Unlike
  • The-Axolotl:
    Hello, I think my axie might have anchor worms, could someone please look at my thread its called 'rapidly growing strange things all over my axolotls' thanks- The-Axolotl
    +1
    Unlike
  • axolotl nerd:
    @The-Axolotl, reading through your thread now, sorry i didn’t get a chance to welcome you yet!
    +1
    Unlike
    axolotl nerd: @The-Axolotl, reading through your thread now, sorry i didn’t get a chance to welcome you yet! +1