Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

breed type.

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Hello peeps, I havent posted in quite a while but I saw something today that got me thinking:eek:.
A shop (pet shop) was selling axolotls and they had them named as 'Gold phase axolotli'. Now to me they just looked like golden albino's as they had red eyes. Can someone tell me if the 'Gold Phase' bit actually exists.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
There isn't a color phase for axolotls. They were most likely gold axolotls. Petshops like to add and try to emphasize things about animals and even sometimes lie. If you want the facts just to go axolotl.org and head to the color and genetics page.

gr33neyes

Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was thinking. The worst part was they were being kept in totally unsuitable conditions. I have emailed the manager and will be following it through if they don't resolve the issues I alerted them to.

The price they were asking for them was unbelievable. They were asking £49.95 (fifty quid) EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only paid £12 for mine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!