dutch guy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
herman
Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

I like to Make a flashback of this year, for al of us keepers and breeders of newts and salamanders, how did you do this year and what is your wish for next year.
To start with is, this year we lost 2 male's of our T. Shanjing's, the Alpha Male and another Male of the Group. Whe Have sold 55 egg's to the U.S.A and sold 30 juveniles to South Korea.
Next year we onely want to sale egg's.

Oh i forgot We sold 2 juveniles of last year to thr

The UK and 5 to Schotland

I think the highlight of my year was that my Ambystoma tigrinum chose to breed in their out door enclosure. I sent egg 'blobs' to a number of people, some of which resulted in them seeing their own tiger grow from egg to a terrestrial tiger. I raised some too.
This year I am hoping they breed again, along with my maculatum ( last year I didn't plan to raise any of the eggs). It is looking likely that I will be homebound for a while, so this may well keep me out of getting too bored :)
It would be lovely if my Taricha granulosa would put some effort maybe into laying some eggs this year :). I'm also going to see if I can persuade my opacum to breed again.
Losses this year where a pair of Paramesotriton chinensis, they had been looking promising for breeding this year. I also lost the hybrid axolotl x andersoni . They where in outdoor tubs, despite having over flow holes around the top..a torrential rain storm washed them out. They must have bred though and now I have one lonesome offspring.
My dream this is year is to have some more different Ambystoma species .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back