Canada
Display Name
Grant
49ED3C98-7E06-433B-BE00-D90AA2A1A461.jpeg
6B25AF0C-7DDE-4E0E-A74F-8545A614B1B3.jpeg
937DFE01-0BC7-47CF-BADE-DFD9F0F941ED.jpeg

Lovely tiger! 🐯

Lovely tiger! 🐯
My daughter pointed out that Buffy’s legs didn’t match the body in coloration. I’m guessing that Buffy has just morphed into her adult stage and the legs are just finished morphing. What are your thoughts John?

My daughter pointed out that Buffy’s legs didn’t match the body in coloration. I’m guessing that Buffy has just morphed into her adult stage and the legs are just finished morphing. What are your thoughts John?
It doesn't work like that. Her legs just look a bit odd.

It's a recent metamorph - this year. Can't tell the gender reliably yet.

Thanks John, I thought she was this springs crop. Now all I need to do is determine her/ his sex. I've read about tigers coming to the edge of their enclosure when they see their owners come into the room, looking to get fed. Up to now, mine would stay or back up under the bark when I approached and removed the lid. Today, I removed the lid and my tiger actually came out, I'm thinking to get fed. Is she loosing her fear of me already? My experience with tigers is very limited, so I'm not too sure of their behaviour. I gave her a cricket when she came out.

Last edited:
Thanks John, I thought she was this springs crop. Now all I need to do is determine her/ his sex. I've read about tigers coming to the edge of their enclosure when they see their owners come into the room, looking to get fed. Up to now, mine would stay or back up under the bark when I approached and removed the lid. Today, I removed the lid and my tiger actually came out, I'm thinking to get fed. Is she loosing her fear of me already? My experience with tigers is very limited, so I'm not too sure of their behaviour. I gave her a cricket when she came out.
Not all tigers become tame, but most western ones (such as yours) do. It can take a few weeks of feeding, then get get with the program.

Another pic of my little friend. She has really adapted well to her new digs.

Attachments

• 583EDD01-315F-480A-A8F7-45003134F5A3.jpeg
    583EDD01-315F-480A-A8F7-45003134F5A3.jpeg
    832.2 KB · Views: 159
Update, She was given a different name other than Buffy she is now Socrates. And I still can't determine her sex yet. A fellow retired veteran came over with another tiger this fall with what looks like a broken tail. I introduced the new tiger to Socrates and they are doing very well together. An approximate measurement was made in October and it's roughly 5 1/4" in length, again I think this summer's morph. My daughter named it " Plato" as seen in the pic. It's now 4 months since the introduction of Plato and she/he has filled out and shed a number of times. Both Socrates and Plato are voracious insectivores and take meal worms and crickets quite readily, often by hand.

Attachments

• New Salamander 2.jpg
    New Salamander 2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 83
This is Socrates. The pic was taken in December 2022
He/she measures roughly 9-1/4" now. She/he has doubled in size since capture/ rescue.

Attachments

• IMG_9342.jpg
    IMG_9342.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back