Buying Axolotl in Bali

Boggles

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have done a heap of searching but cannot work it out so I thought I'd see if anyone else may know the answer. I am going overseas to Bali for a holiday and was wondering two things.
1 I am I allowed to bring axies home to Australia?
2 is it possible to ship axies to Australia from other countries like us or uk etc?

Thanks in advance

1. No
2. No

International trade, including importing an animal you have bought abroad, is covered by CITES regulations, meaning you would have to get various permits. And Australia is very strict on amphibians and imports.

I have no idea but I"m guessing it would be difficult. But they sell Axies in Australia, so why not try that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back