Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caecilians @ Philly Zoo

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of Ed Kowaski and some Caecilians at the Philly Zoo. Ed will be giving a talk on Caecilians at a local Herp club soon. Details to follow.

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,299
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,993
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • DSC_0214.jpg
    DSC_0214.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 941

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Wow, Michael, lucky you to get to go behind the scenes! Every time I go I love to take a look at the caecillians. Thanks for sharing the photos!

michael

Reaction score
Wow, Michael, lucky you to get to go behind the scenes! Every time I go I love to take a look at the caecillians. Thanks for sharing the photos!

It seems like the best stuff is always behind the scenes. I liked that big caecilian in the trash can. In a little over a month they should have Ambystoma andersoni on display at the Philly Zoo. I'll have to go back to see them. They don't have near the amount of salamanders on display that they did years ago.

I have to find out from Ed when the Caecillian talk is.

Nathan050793

Reaction score
I think you're right about the best stuff being behind the scenes. Last time I checked, none of those terrestrial caecilians are on display.

I can't wait to see some A.andersoni at the zoo, that's great to hear! Are they bred by you?

michael

Reaction score
I

I can't wait to see some A.andersoni at the zoo, that's great to hear! Are they bred by you?

Yes. I delivered the andersoni and some feeder items this week. The andersoni have to be quaranteed for at least 30 days before being put on display.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!