Question: Can They Be Together??!!

sully

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Sully&Zeppelin
I've been waiting a long time. i measured my babies today and one is 7.2 inches and the other is 5. do you think they could go together without either of them getting hurt? or should i wait until my little one is 6 inches. they are already in the same tank with a divider and i am 99% sure they know theres another one on the other side but im just scared someones going to come out of the trial with a missing gill or limb. :confused:

i really need some advice from someone who has done this a few times please and thank you!!

I have done this twice before and I would say you're good to go if you keep a close eye on them :)
Regards,
Ariel

I have two axies and they have been in the same tank for a year....but, hikari always ALWAYS pick on yami and i decided to sepreate them because I dont want them to fight anymore. i guess it really depends on their behavior and personality lol

well i've done it and nothing has happened. they dont even really know the other one is there they just spend time on opposite sides of the tank. so hopefully they keep being nice. i was hoping for axie stax but that hasnt happened yet :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back