Ciao from Norfolk, VA

Dr. Phil

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just joined the site and have already found it to be very informative. I'm a microbiologist and teach at a small school in Tidewater Virginia. I divide my time between there and Italy, until I retire...soon, I hope, when I will be Europe, full time. Our son brought home some Axolotls from the Netherlands and my wife and I fell in love with them. I convinced my colleagues in school that we should have some axolotls for the students to appreciate and have had them for several years now. Two of them are yellow albinos and laid about 25 eggs a few days ago. This is the second time they've done this. Wasn't able to keep any of the first clutch (well over a year ago now) alive and am hoping to do better this time!

Attachments

• 3-30a.JPG
    3-30a.JPG
    917.3 KB · Views: 149
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back