Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

College Assignment

C

claire

hello everybody. rite here we go. im doin an assignment at college. its about the breeding of exotic animals nd we had 2 choose a species from 2 of the groups.either a bird, fish, reptile or an amphibian. i chose birds -lovesbirds- and of cors amphibians -axolotls- .one of the questions is describe a breeding programme for each species using the following headings....then there is a list of headings.ive done all except one of them...which is 'feeding the breeding stock'.is there any special foods that the breeding stock gets before and during breeding? any help would be much appreciated.

thanx, claire.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I use soft moist salmon pellets and an occasional earthworm. I recommend checking the Indiana University axolotl colony website for info.

C

claire

thank you very much michael
proud.gif

claire.

E

elisheba

We just fed the regular mix of frozen bloodworms, blackworms, salmon pellets. Haven't gotten around to earthworms yet but would feed those- just a good variety of balanced foods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!