Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Considering giving up my axolotl for adoption

AristotleA

Reaction score
I have a (I think male) axolotl who is around 18 months old.

I really like him and he is incredibly healthy and active, as I take good care of him, but my family is growing increasingly resentful of him. They say they don't like the way he looks and they're embarrassed when guests come over. And it's not my house, so the room I have been keeping him in is not actually mine and my parents want the room for something else.

I have asked if I can have the tank in the living room or dining room or something, but they say only if I have something else in the tank like goldfish.

I don't know if I've posted this in the right place, but basically, I need to get rid of my little friend. And it would brake my heart to euthanise him, so I'm appealing to anyone on this forum who lives close by, who is looking for an axolotl to adopt, perhaps if you don't want the hassle of looking after a juvenile.

I live in the Midlands (UK)

If anyone would like to contact me, they can message me through Tapatalk or you can text me: 07543864755
If you text me, ask about the axolotl

Wysper

Reaction score
Oh no that's so sad. :-( I'm so sorry you have to get rid of your baby.

If I was in the same country with you I would look after him in a heartbeat for you. :-(

I'm sure someone here will be more than willing to take him home.

AristotleA

Reaction score
6d436978e1411dd34125712bfac0057f.jpg

6179b073df2c9913cc53a0ea57d344bd.jpg

aba523ef185781e9176448af4d566ead.jpg

7a1edc9347f3d95eda41bd12cf6687c2.jpg

I don't usually turn on his tank light, so if he looks a little stressed, that's why. He was in a dark room and then I woke him up.

Donna001

Reaction score
How awful to have to consider rehoming your little one.
jqh29p may well be closer to you, and seems quite keen, but if you get absolutely desperate just let me know. I already have 6 in my gang, 3 of which were previously taken in when they needed to be rehomed by their previous owner.

AristotleA

Reaction score
How awful to have to consider rehoming your little one.
jqh29p may well be closer to you, and seems quite keen, but if you get absolutely desperate just let me know. I already have 6 in my gang, 3 of which were previously taken in when they needed to be rehomed by their previous owner.
Thank you very much Donna001. jqh29p was very helpful and will be taking him for me this weekend.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1