Corner filter suction cups

L

lauren

My axolotl graduated to a filtered 10 gallon tank today (He had been living in smaller container as a juvenile with water changes every other day). I bought an underwater corner filter for him with low flow, but its suction cups keep coming off the side of the tank. Is there any way to make them stick more permanently? Do they sell extra ones that I could put on for better hold?

Thanks
happy.gif

Some suction cups are just pieces of junk, try and by new ones.

The softer they are the better i think they tend to bend more so you can get better grip.

If the suction cups don't hold at first, they never will. I'd suggest using a rock or brick to hold the filter in place (wedge it against the side of the tank, don't put the heavy object precariously on top of the filter).

Thanks everyone, I'll go buy extra suction cups and a rock today (can never be too careful
happy.gif
). I think part of the problem is that the cups are only on one side of the corner, maybe if they were on both sides they would push eachother into the wall.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back