cranwelli fertile

ricardito

Reaction score
Country
Spain
im listin legends about the albine and green cranwelli are infertile, itrs true??:confused:

Mine aren't. :D

I'd think if any are infertile, it would be the ornata x crawnelli crosses (also known as fantasy frogs), but thats just speculation.

ok thanks, so have you breed cranwelli without hormones??, my cranwelli is 3,5cm, i think i must begin to feed it with pinkys??:confused:;)

At 3.5 cm you have quite a bit of growing to do before you think about breeding. A big female will get about 15-16 cm and a male about 8-10.

The best way IMO to start a breeding project for these animals would be to start with a group of 6-10 so you have a selection of males and females. Breeding two pairs in separate tanks side by side seems to work better, as sometimes the males won't actively call and chase females without seeing or hearing another male.

Once you have animals of suitable size and age, keep them cool (about 70 F) in a tank with a deep layer of moss and a water bowl for 2-3 months. Then move them to a tank with water ~3cm deep, warm it up to about 80F, and spray with water 2-3 times each day. Pinkies or strips of raw chicken coated with vitamin supplements are an excellent way to prepare females for breeding.

After about a week of this, introduce the male to the females tank. Watch closely, because the female will eat the male if she is hungry. If you see eggs, remove them to hatch in a separate tank. Remove the male as soon as you see eggs, or after a few days with no breeding activity.

Tadpoles will eat other tadpoles. Froglets will eat other froglets. These animals are very cannibalistic.

IMO, you may have better luck starting off with tomato frogs or grass frogs for your first breeding experiment. Just a thought.

Good luck!

ok, thankyou very much, i know this specie is hard to breed, but...i love cranwellis:D

may be dont need two males?? if i play differents cranwelli sings in my computer:confused:

In 3,5cm, can i offer it pinkys??
It is too early?

thanks other time

Yes, hard to breed but very rewarding.

I have heard of others using recorded calls with success. It did not work for me. Probably depends very much on the particular male.

I would wait until it's a bit larger to move to pinkies. At 3.5 cm a full size night crawler is a large nutritious meal thats shaped in a way thats easier for the frog to swallow. Right now part of the pinkie will have to remain in the frogs throat until room is made in the stomach for it. When the frog is as long as the pinkie from it's eyes to its vent they would be suitable. Also feed some wax worms once or twice a week to add girth and bulk to the frog.

And you are very welcome. I always enjoy speaking with other frog enthusiasts.

ok, perfect

half year ago im breeding eisenia foetida, and the cranwelli eat it good:rolleyes:

and sometimes i offer fish.

im going to begin breed mus musculus for the future grown:D

3 months ago i bought my cranwelli, now he have grown enought to eat everything,

and thinking...i have had idea, can i feed cranwelli with carapace slugs??:confused:

if can digest the mice bones, i must can digest the carapace of slugs....??

hi, i have 2 cranwellis, i think 1 male and 1 female.

The male have begun to sing in the night, he is 8 cm size
My female have 13 cm size.

They eat everything and now i have changed the pinkys to chicken

Do you think i can try put the two frogs in a tank with only water(3-4 cm)??:confused:

The temp in cº is 26-27 night, and 28-30 in day.

HELP!!

While I don't think they'll attack each other, I wouldn't advise keeping more than one in a container on a permanent basis.

hi, i have 2 cranwellis, i think 1 male and 1 female.

The male have begun to sing in the night, he is 8 cm size
My female have 13 cm size.

They eat everything and now i have changed the pinkys to chicken

Do you think i can try put the two frogs in a tank with only water(3-4 cm)??:confused:

The temp in cº is 26-27 night, and 28-30 in day.

HELP!!

ok, they are in the same tank with only water. The male have walk next to the female and dont have happened any attack, im going to continue in this method until one week:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back