Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cynops cyanurus (Blue tailed newts) lay eggs

zhanggeer

Reaction score
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 3,590
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,252
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,007
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • FragileCorpse:
    @SamAxolotl, So I have been looking but I guess id just feel better if I knew I was talking to like, an expert or somrthing I guess. Thank you though I appreciate that
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    Guys, my house is too hot, the salamander cage is sitting at 73 degrees and I know 75 can kill them. WTF DO I DO. Im in a tin damn can of a house that boils int he summer. We didnt know. First summer here. We have AC in ONE room, terribly sealed rokm though. Is that all I can do? Move the tank to my parnets room for now?
    +1
    Unlike
  • MooncakeMyDudecake:
    Hey can anyone message me real quick about kh and gh measurements, I can't make 2 ends of it 😩 bought to do my water change and I need to know my measurements for adding stuff back in
    +1
    Unlike
  • wolfen:
    @MooncakeMyDudecake, what the issue
    +2
    Unlike
  • MooncakeMyDudecake:
    I can't figure out how to take my readings and the ones I've done I don't know if they're even correct 🤔
    +1
    Unlike
  • wolfen:
    how was the measurements taken, liquid or strip, if its liquid then you count how many drop it takes to change colour, each drop is one degree, if it is strip then you divide the number by 17.9 to get the degree.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Axie4Life:
    hey, my axolotl has bumps on his/her back, is that ok?
    +1
    Unlike
  • SamAxolotl:
    @Axie4Life, any chance you could post pics on a forum thread so we can see the bumps?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    Should I wash out the spray bottle I just bought for my salamander? Or should I not clean it with soap n shit first becayuse thats adding "chemicals" Just want to be safe/
    +1
    Unlike
  • DinnerTheAxolotl:
    @FragileCorpse, I suggest just rinsing it out with water
    +2
    Unlike
  • Captive Bread:
    @FragileCorpse do you still have the AC? Put the tank where the cold air will hit the glass (I hope its glass, wood and acrylic trap heat), this usually lovers my tank by about 5 to 6 degrees. Also what lid do you use? If its a screen lid then what helps me is to spray extra in the morning so the evaporate can cool the vivarium.
    +2
    Unlike
  • Captive Bread:
    Another thing I am experimenting with is live plants. I want to believe live plants cool it too by moving water but that could just be me having to mist everything extra.
    +2
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Kora has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • MooncakeMyDudecake:
    Helloo can anyone help me out with my kh and gh please? I need to figure it out cause I haven't a clue..
    +1
    Unlike
  • wolfen:
    @MooncakeMyDudecake, what are you having trouble with
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    @Captive Bread, Glass tank, screen lid, did put him with AC and temop is great now :)
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    Is there such a thing as having your himidity too high with a salamander? Mine seems to fluctuate pretty intensely between 55 and 80 for some reason
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    Also I neve got a reply to whether or not my salamander needs any UV light?
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    Im keeping potato bugs in a nice moist container, ive got like 30 though and now the containeris poop heaven. Do I need to clean that out? Is that bad for my little buggies? Theyre clearly eating fine based on the trillion billion poops.
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    My salamander only seems to eat potato bugs :s
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    ...in captivity anyway, this was a wild one that I got fined for, but they never gave me the fine and neve rcame to seize him or my tank and accessories like they said they wold :s
    +1
    Unlike
  • FragileCorpse:
    jesus sorry for typos Im very seizury today
    +1
    Unlike
  • salamandernewbe101:
    dose any one have any tips/tricks for just hatched salamanders/newts
    +1
    Unlike
  • salamandernewbe101:
    @FragileCorpse, Salamanders require a 10-12 hour day light cycle using an incandescent light with low levels of UVB lighting recommended. Never put your tank in direct sunlight, as the sunlight can heat the tank up too much.
    +1
    Unlike
    salamandernewbe101: @FragileCorpse, Salamanders require a 10-12 hour day light cycle using an incandescent light... +1