Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Daphnia culture crashing, any sellers in Buffalo NY?

jett862

Reaction score
This might not be the appropriate place, but I didn't see anything on the classifieds section.

I recently hatched about 50 baby axolotls, they're about a week out of the egg now and have absolutely demolished my Daphnia culture. I had had about 500 at its peak and I'm down to ~50, they just aren't reproducing fast enough.

Does anyone know a hobbyist or seller in the Buffalo, NY area that I could purchase from ASAP?

Also, is there anything I can feed the larvae in a pinch? I have salmon pellets, but I imagine it'll be a huge pain to clean the tank.

Thanks!

Tarabull

Reaction score
I feed mine brine shrimp. You can find the eggs at an aquarium store. Setting the hatchery up for it is easy and they only take a day to hatch, if it's near a warm lamp. Look at the sticky for instructions on them. I hope this helps.

Tara

jett862

Reaction score
Hi Tara,

Thanks I'll do that tomorrow -- I hadn't considered that as an option because I thought it would take three days or longer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!