degloved foot

kiwi axolotls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to check on my axolotls like i do everyday all day but when i went to look the feel seems to have been degloved i guess. my tank is the correct size they get fed they have so much space but lately he’s been attacking her so much lately, he taken a toe a gill (which are growing back) he’s bitten her in the past and she bitten him before but never this bad! is there anything else i can do?! i can’t get another tank as i don’t have the room and i really don’t want to get rid of one but if it comes to that then i’ll have to do it

Attachments

• C9992BA4-9D59-4343-B4D1-3E9483138DA8.jpeg
    C9992BA4-9D59-4343-B4D1-3E9483138DA8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • D01B2DC3-CF51-4175-8EB8-3EBA3F9ECF69.jpeg
    D01B2DC3-CF51-4175-8EB8-3EBA3F9ECF69.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
went to check on my axolotls like i do everyday all day but when i went to look the feel seems to have been degloved i guess. my tank is the correct size they get fed they have so much space but lately he’s been attacking her so much lately, he taken a toe a gill (which are growing back) he’s bitten her in the past and she bitten him before but never this bad! is there anything else i can do?! i can’t get another tank as i don’t have the room and i really don’t want to get rid of one but if it comes to that then i’ll have to do it
forgot to add they have been together since they were about 3 months old and they’re 2 now

Separate tanks or give one away.

Good luck.

What size tank are you keeping them in currently? and what are you feeding them?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back