Do axies hold grudges? Lol.

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I noticed Stellios spent a lot of the day sitting at the very back of his tank (he couldn't fit in his cave anymore,) so I rearranged things to give him more hiding places. Now, he or lyrics eats the BSFL that I hand feed him and won't go to his bow for the frozen blood worms anymore....

Is it normal for them to be shy after a change? Do they get mad? I don't want him to starve. When I first got him, he was so active and curious! Now he sits like a lump.

Sorry for the typos!!! "He only eats bsfl that I hand feed" and doesn't go to his "bowl" any more.

At first I thought you were asking if axolotl is capable of holding grudge? A few years ago I would say no, but now I'm not sure . Simply because I have been dealing with 2 goldens that won't let each other eat worms without a tucker war. It happen one night that one of my 2 biggest young golden stolen a worm from ther other one , so the other one bit the chump out the other's tail , took the worm back , while trying to swim away then the other one also got a bite on his tail and pulled the other one back down the ground . It went on like that to the point i had to stepped in . And ever since that they're both been at it for a few months at any chance they get. I tried to separate them but when I did that they both stop eating ( they weren't sick and water quality was great ) the tank I separated them were close to each other . I caught then stared at each other from the other side of the tank as if the were only waiting for the next match . So I've got then their own tank with devider screens so maybe if they see each other up close they might start eating again. The screen have holes large enough for the worms to weave them self through ( sadly they have no idea that's a danger zone) the tucker war still on going but much more safer for the golden to tuck away.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back