Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Eric the half a frog

A

alan

Disabled Dendrobates tinctorius Patricia I was given at the weekend:

25218.jpg

He is full size, feeding well and appears healthy except that one of his front legs (left) sticks out at an angle and doesn't seem to move. The other 3 legs are OK. Friends are of the opinion that this is most likely the result of an injury rather than spindly leg, but I'd welcome other opinions.
Cute little guy, he has even acquired a name, Eric (the half a frog).

C

cecilia

gorgeous, how much did he cost??and how well can you handle him, what sort of protection do you use?

J

josh

hey cecilia, frogs are not for handling... especially dart frogs. in the case that u do need to handle one, most dart frogs will have no toxins in captivity so the protection would be so you wouldnt poison them. in that case, just wash your hands really well to rid any dangerous chemicals or whatever on your hands...this doesnt mean i recommend you ever hold them however. have a good one and welcome!

J

john

Looks like spindly leg to me. That front leg that sticks out is very skinny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1