Ezo Salamander (<i>Hynobius retardatus</i>): larvae, morphs, juvies

Thanks for the view of your juveniles, Tim. They sure are doing well! A similar moss like the one depicted grows wild here in the Netherlands. What do you fee your Hynobius juveniles? bloodworms?

Hiya Terry.

They get the occasional wax worm but I feed them mainly small crickets. They're voracious eaters (one of the more active hynobiids in this regard), so the crickets disappear pretty quickly. They'd probably eat frozen bloodworm too, except they're not "trained" to eat from hand yet (nor have I tried), They're doing just fine with the crickets, and are thus relatively low maintenance.

(Message edited by TJ on February 02, 2006)

55627.jpg

These are very alert hynobiids, always on the lookout for food it seems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back