Fbn stoped eating please help

K

kate

i have a fbn for 3 month and he was doing fine he used to be in the water area most of the time and ate frozen blood worms but now he spandes most of his time on land near plants and wont eat the frozen blood worms
sad.gif
any sugesstions?

I have 3 tiger salamanders, They have stopped eating for at least a week if not more before. I have had them for 9 years, it used to worry me, but they are still going strong. I know they are not the same as yours, but Most don't need to eat often, they can go a week or two without eating. They can easily be stressed, temp., movement, etc. which will make them not eat. If he still looks healthy give him a couple of days he should eat again.

I have one who wants to eat all of the time. One nightcrawler after another. The other two only eat every couple of days at most.

Hi kate, you might be needing a water change/cleaning as well as some different foods. Try chopped nightcrawler.

i feed my newts using a twist-tie and half drowned crickets (i know) or bloodworms that stick to the twist-tie when wet, and wiggle in front of my newts. tehy strike and eat right away, very healthy and very beefy. i suggest if you need help feeding!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back