Question: feeding red worms - what's the right feeding schedule - my axie is rejecting her worms today

Kc0olm

Reaction score
Country
United States
The breeder told me that my axie grew up eating live redworms from Walmart. Some days, she is ravenous, and gobbles down three fat worms in one day!

But today, she's spitting them out - or, spitting out their desiccated carcasses, anyway. So I wonder

1) is she sick?
2) does this batch of worms taste bad?
3) is she just full?

I did just buy a new box of worms. I guess it's possible that for the discerning red worm connoisseur, their might be a difference in taste. Anyone else seen this?

I got some river shrimp in a bag. Wonder where they can be purchased live? My axolotl didn't notice them at all (because they are dead?). I would live to find some diverse food. As for the worms, I think, like many smart creatures, when they are not hungry, they don't eat....well, the DO eat because they are genetically predisposed to always shove food in their mouths; but the axolotl seems to have a contrary mechanism, that can revert the bad (instinctually driven) decision to gorge

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back