Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Feeding ribbed newt

NkB

Reaction score
Hi

I just got a ribbed newt and I've been feeding him reptomin sticks. Can anyone advise how many a day I should be giving him?

Thanks

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Dont qwot me on this but i think it is what they cane eat in two minutes. But if this is helpful my newts eat 4 to 6 frozen blood worms each every other day. Just in case you dont now water temp should be around 70f for most newts:happy:

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
As much as they can eat in 2 minutes should be fine. Besides pellets, night-crawlers and other worms make a good staple diet as well, and they look comical eating them as well

NkB

Reaction score
Dont qwot me on this but i think it is what they cane eat in two minutes. But if this is helpful my newts eat 4 to 6 frozen blood worms each every other day. Just in case you dont now water temp should be around 70f for most newts:happy:

Thanks! I had a fire belly newt before which ate blood worms every other day, wasn't sure how similar the species were

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!