Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Filter Baffle

D

darren

A few posts have mentioned the use of baffles on the output of the filter. I use an internal filter and I can't turn the flow down, so can you buy them or do you make them? I haven't seen them in shops. Could anyone help me???

D

darren

I have an Aqua One 400L/hr Internal Filter (101F Maxi Internal Filter),If I got a peice of tubing attached it to the filter and put holes every few inches, will that do the job? The tank size is 60x30x30cm. Thanks for helping me, i was getting a bit worried about the flow being to strong for little Ferdie (Ferdinand)!

V

vanessa

i have that sort of filter in my 60cm tank and when i put my first axie in there i was also worried that the flow was too strong so i just swivled the little head thing that the water comes out of so it was facing the tank wall. it seemed to work just fine as the wall cut up the water flow.

D

darren

I still thought it might have been a bit strong, but will my hose idea still work do you think?

J

joan

The hose idea would be great. If you made it out of flexible tubing, you will have to find a way to attach it to the wall of the tank, but if you made it out of rigid tubing, it would be a home-made spraybar. People use these all the time.

When you do make it, make sure to send some pictures! We like pictures around here.

D

darren

Thanks very much for your help, I'll register now and keep up with all the bits and peices for Ferdie!!! THanks again!

S

shane

hey i just got a new internal filter. although you can turn down the flow of the water i still think its too strong. its a shark adv 400?. lol thats what it says on the box. but there isnt anything i can attatch onto it to make a spray bar. how else can i baffle the water?

J

joan

Make your own spraybar. Get some hose or tubing of sorts, drill a bunch of holes in it, and attach it with aquarium sealant.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!