Country
England
Here's Finley relaxing in his rings

Mel

Attachments

• DSC02026.JPG
    DSC02026.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 380
How adorable! That's such an abnosome picture!

hey does your axie like playing with the rings or is this just a good photo? I've been trying to think of some toys/activities for mine (I'm gone most of the day, and am convinced he is lonely since I only talk to him at night)

Also: what type of rings did you use?

Hi

Finley likes to be on top of the water. So he'll sit on plants, sit in his rings or just generally float about near the top. Its his 'thing'

I have one other in that tank who sometimes sits in the bottom ring.

The other one I've never seen in there.

They dont play in them just sit in them. They were budgie toys with the metal bell removed, i will have got them from ebay.

They used to bash mossballs round the tank until Fred ripped them up and ate most of them....:confused:

Mel

I've always kind of wondered what axies do when they're bored. Mine likes to hang upside down on his plants and bother his mystery snail, Steve. At least Steve is a good sport about it. :D And no, Steve is in no danger of being swallowed. Monster is just barely turning 6 months, and at the moment he's only 6 inches long. Steve is about 4 inches in circumference. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back