Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

First Terrarium

CocoaAndTea

Reaction score
Okay so got everything ready quiet awhile ago for my Tiger Sally but rearranged a few things. I'm getting anxious because the weather has been delaying him or her coming for at least a week now.

Couldn't find any suitable dirt at all. Went all over the place, online, nurseries, home depot, hardware home improvement shops etc. So I had to use cocofiber, got nowhere near what the bricks said but got a few inches, I'll buy more soon. I never expected it to get so heavy though! This is all in a ~16 gallon container, give or take a few.

Couldn't put any moss because pets mart hasn't contacted me back on what kind I bought. I would love to put a safe one in there.

pic.jpg

If you notice the large green plant, it has been sadly bitten by one of my two cats, before I got to plant it. (Got really scared if it was poisonous, thankfully it was not)I have no idea what the green plant is, it said tropical and the other two are philea friendship.

Had to get another water dish after seeing the picture of my sally. hahaha ;)

12801648_464788073710328_4487799269093421686_n.jpg

I burned many holes on the lid, but it gets pretty humid and there's condensation on the sides, though I heard that this is not much of a concern.

If I had the money I'd make it much better.

I apologize for the blurry picture, I could not turn the flash on. Stay tuned for many more pictures in the future when I get my salamander.

CocoaAndTea

Reaction score
Today I bought a bamboo shoot from the dollar plus

Attachments

• 20160312_150007.jpg
    20160312_150007.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 254

ChristianV

Reaction score
Hey I seen you were from the chicagoland area like me and you were struggling on finding a tiger for sale. There is a show in Wheaton,Il Home - Scott Smiths All Animal Expo that has a vendor that sell axolotls, Tigers, and spotteds. If you haven't already gotten your rescue or are still in search I highly recommend that you head there to purchase some even tho the vendor had quite a bit of them. (WC which is sad)

Also PM about Herping around here because I want to talk to people about Herping in illinois!

Hope I helped!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!