• Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!
  • Welcome to Caudata.org, the Newt & Salamander Information Portal.

    We are the longest running community for amphibian enthusiasts on the Internet. Our primary goal is the sharing of information on the maintenance and breeding of newts and salamanders in captivity.

    Right now you are viewing our community as a guest. This gives you limited access to our forum and resources. For example, your ability to view conversations in our "Advanced Topics" section is restricted, and guests can view but not respond to "for sale" or "want" ads. Join our free community and get full access, post questions, your own photo albums, message other members, and other features. Registration is fast, simple and totally free so please, click the register link today! Problem? Please use the contact link at the bottom of the page.

    For care info, Caudata Culture is the site for you. Axolotls? The Axolotl Site is the best on the net.

Five Colombia Torrent Salamanders

sde

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
1,893
Reaction score
69
Points
48
Location
Seattle area Washington
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share some information about some Colombia Torrent Salamanders I found in September. I found five in all and all except one on accident ( I was Elk hunting not looking for salamanders). The first one was a larvae I spotted in a old Elk wallow. The wallow was in a very small spring/seep. The second was a larvae I found in a medium sized stream under a small rock. This one I was looking for. The third one was a adult found right on the bank of the same stream as the second larvae was found. I did not check if it was a male or female. The fourth one was a adult found on a Elk/animal trail headed down toward a medium sized stream. I do not remember if I checked to see if it was male or female. The fifth was a adult on the same trail as the fourth and also was headed down toward the stream. I did check if was a male is a female but I don't remember. The weather on all the days was either cloudy or rainy. I just wanted to share some information. -Seth
 
Very good observations Seth. It is always good to keep track of the habits, habitats, and other aspects of natural history, especially with less studied species. Keep up the good work.

Aneides
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top