Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Forum Move May 31st 2009

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
As of now (about 5 pm US Central time, May 31st 2009) Caudata.org has moved server and now resides in the UK again after several years' absence. The forum appears to be working correctly and everything has transferred intact, as far as I can ascertain (if you see problems then please notify me immediately). Currently there are a few configuration options that need to be changed. So here are the currently known hiccups that I'm working on:

• The Gallery is turned off right now due to a missing image program on the server. This will be rectified shortly.
  • As a consequence of the Gallery not being switched on, images posted there will not be loading into forum threads for the moment (like my field herping threads :( ).
  • The chat room is not working correctly.
  • Large uploads timing out - this is a configuration issue and should be fixed in the next few hours. It just means that very large files will cause a database error because they will be to big to be accepted. It won't actually do anything to the forum.
  • The Chatroom is not logging users out correctly right now so while the "Who is chatting" list on the forum is correct, when you go into the chat there seems like there are a lot more people than there really are. I am trying to get to the bottom of this.
Thank you all for your patience over the past number of days. I certainly missed the forum a lot and I've lost a lot of sleep over this!
(Strike-Through means the issue has now been fixed)

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Chat room is now working correctly so far as I can tell.

ferret_corner

Reaction score
John, thank you so much for your hardwork in getting this change effected.

Its good to see caudata back!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Gallery is working again.

Toptex

Reaction score
Woo hoo!! One doesn't realise how much time one spends on this great site. I missed it! Thanks for pulling it all together John.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Now life can continue! Thank you John amd everyone else that played a part in fixing things.

merk199

Reaction score
Thanks for getting this switched over an online. I certainly missed it. But it was probably a welcome absence since I was busy moving, so I had one less distraction...:D

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It might be a lucky coincidence but i can finally log on to Caudata from home again! The spending-intensive cybercafe days are finally over and its time to load up some new photos.

:hat:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I don't know why you couldn't access the old server but the new one is in London, England, now.

Last edited:

Kurt

Reaction score
Congratulations. I don't know why you couldn't access the old server but the new one is in London, England, now.

Heres hoping the Luftwaffe doesn't bomb it again.

oregon newt

Reaction score
Wahoo!!! I missed the Forum. On the other hand, I was finally able to get something productive done this weekend.:D

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for all your hard work, John. I fear I missed half the drama but I was glad to see the site back online today.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1