Found ick on aquarium plant!

BasilBear

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I just realized the white speckles on my nana Anubias is actually ick. I’m new in the plant keeping hobby and about a month ago I bought my axolotl’s tank a Java fern and Nana Anubias because of some pretty high nitrate levels. I haven’t noticed any white spots on my axolotl (but then again my axolotl is a spotted wild type). Really I’m just wondering what symptoms I would see or if I should do anything to help my baby not get ick. Thank you all in advance.

Hi everyone! I just realized the white speckles on my nana Anubias is actually ick. I’m new in the plant keeping hobby and about a month ago I bought my axolotl’s tank a Java fern and Nana Anubias because of some pretty high nitrate levels. I haven’t noticed any white spots on my axolotl (but then again my axolotl is a spotted wild type). Really I’m just wondering what symptoms I would see or if I should do anything to help my baby not get ick. Thank you all in advance.
Do you have a picture? Are you sure the spots are not just stomata?

Ich doesn’t attach to plants.

Are there nerite snails in the tank? They have small white eggs that attach to everything.

Thank you bolth for responding! Sadly I already took bolth plants out but I’m so glad that the white dots wasn’t ich and now I am definitely less hesitant to replace the plants! Again thank you bolth so much- False alarm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back