John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
A friend of mine spotted this on Dendroboard and I thought I'd share it with everyone here. Mark Pepper of Understory Enterprises (a very conservation-minded company based in Canada and Iquitos, Peru) is organising a trip down the Rio Huallaga in Peru from Chazuta to Yurimaguas (about 50 miles as the river flows). He's opening it to hobbyists for free, you just pay your travel and living expenses. Mark's main interest is in Dart Frogs but for any amphibian enthusiast this is a once in a lifetime trip. Keep in mind that there are organizations and individuals who charge thousands of $ or € to guide trips like this, on top of your travel and living expenses.

I'd go in a heartbeat but for having moved recently and trying to organise my future plans.

You can read more here:

Peru/Huallaga Trip 0ct/Nov 2010 - Dendroboard

This is an amazing opportunity without a doubt!

If I was older and had more experience, I would most certainly try to go! Unfortunately, I know myself, and I am not prepared for an amazing trip like this :[ In moments like this I wish I was older!

I would recommend all of you to take in consideration attending to this trip. This is indeed an amazing opportunity! Good luck!

Thanks a lot for sharing :] It's nice to see the kind of opportunities that might await me in the future, when going to college and after! - I want to grow up! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back