Fridging and cycling help needed urgently

tomkeogh

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
El Duque
I am sorry to post this in a new thread I just want to make sure it gets read. I know I should not post twice but I am very worried and am desperate for advice,

I have bad water levels and sick looking Axy's, I have been advised to fridge them and cycle the tank I have read articles on both but am confused, mostly about the cycling

Could you tell me what I should be doing to my tank?

Once again I'm sorry and thank you in advance for your help.

I replied to your other thread. Mel

I have fridged them both, and placed 4 bloodworms each,

I will now clean tank and change water,

Should i leave the worms until eaten? how long should I leave before checking on them? and what can i expect them to do/look like?

Should i do any thing else

Yeah just leave the food with them a few hours. They will just be normal in the fridge maybe a bit quiet if ya know what i mean. But they'll be fine. Leave them to chill lol and sort out the tank. Mel

My tank has been cleared, I removed all gravel and changed half the water.

The water is very cloudy I think because the sand was disturbed, I have turned my filter up to full strength..

I have two spare containers with de-chlorinated water in the fridge in case they are in there a while, is it ok to transfer them.between containers as I cant think how I would change there water

If there are no problems and my water levels are fine, I think it may be better to leave them in the fridge for a while my albino especially she has the forward pointing gills and has appeared worse then my white, but I do think my white has been pinker in the gills her gills were darker than my albino to begin with. Would this be wrong to do?

Also I am apprehensive about hanging there fridge water,(if they are in a day) and removing any food they have not eaten and gravel passed through, will they try to jump out of there tub when I open?

One more question I apologise, are there any benefits to fully cycling my tank with them in fridge? is this even possible? and can I speed up the cycle. Okay three more questions

Thank you all so much

new test results

PH 7.8
AMMONIA, was between 1-2 it was hard to read
Nitrate, 20
Nitrite, 1.0

Hello! What do you use for checking the water quality??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back