Fungus growth???

leo_axie

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just noticed this today on his gills the color is different it’s more white than it has been before and I think it’s fungus growth or bacteria maybe? Can someone correct me if it’s normal or is this something I should be worried about?
CF9EA4B7-8304-40E7-B09D-0C54F1DB0771.jpeg

Which gill stalk? I see nothing out of the ordinary to me. Mine has a lame gills talk, it never grew right, so it doesn't get good blood flow. Somedays she will be sitting her tank, lazily, and it looks like that one gill stalk's tip is all white, but it's from lack of blood flow. If I feed her a worm, she gets all excite and it becomes colorful again. Your axolotl also has very long gill stalks. How old is he?

This axie seems to be in a perfect health.
The gills look healthy. What I see is iridophores on the gill stalks (something normal)

This axie seems to be in a perfect health.
The gills look healthy. What I see is iridophores on the gill stalks (something normal)
Oh okay sorry I’m new to owning an axolotl and just wanted to make sure it’s normal

Which gill stalk? I see nothing out of the ordinary to me. Mine has a lame gills talk, it never grew right, so it doesn't get good blood flow. Somedays she will be sitting her tank, lazily, and it looks like that one gill stalk's tip is all white, but it's from lack of blood flow. If I feed her a worm, she gets all excite and it becomes colorful again. Your axolotl also has very long gill stalks. How old is he?
I’m not sure how old he is, I got him from a fish store and they didn’t know how old, he’s 6 inches so maybe he’s almost a year old? Maybe he already is a year old? not sure

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back